If you are a first time dog owner and you want to know which the most popular dog breeds in America are, then you should read this article. Specifically, we’ll talk about the three most popular dog breeds in America. At the end of this article, you will be able to decide which dog breed is best for you and your family. So without further interruption, let’s get started.
Let’s begin with the most popular dog breeds in America:
- The Great Dane is probably the most popular dog breed in America. It is a medium-sized dog, which makes it great for families with older children. The Great Dane is very loyal, which means that it can be a great companion or a best friend. While the breed is known for its warmth and loyalty, the Great Dane also makes an excellent watchdog for your home.
- The Boston Terrier is also most likely the most popular dog breed in America. These dogs have a very friendly, outgoing personality, and very easy to train. Boston Terriers make great family pets, and also make great companions for those who have specific needs when it comes to dogs. They do not do well if they are over-exercised, because they tend to become bored. The Boston Terrier requires a daily walk, and they love to be around other dogs, but they must be properly exercised every day.
- The next most popular dog breed in America is the English Bulldog, sometimes referred to as the British Bulldog. The English Bulldog was originally bred in England and was later brought to America by British soldiers during the wars. English Bulldogs is very loyal and devoted to their family. They also make excellent companions and show dogs.
- The next most popular dog breed in America is the Chihuahua. Chihuahuas are small, cute, and fun-loving dogs. Chihuahuas are the smallest dog breed in the world, weighing only about two-hundred pounds. Chihuahuas are very loving and loyal, and are great with children. They are also very easy to housebreak, making them great family dogs.
- Then there is the Beagle, also known as a Beagle mix. Beagles were originally bred as hunting dogs, but they are now very popular as pet dogs. Beagles have a very friendly and playful demeanor and are extremely affectionate. They make great companions for children and can also be used for agility training and herding.
- The Poodle or Pomeranian, is another great choice if you want a dog that will fit into most families. Poodles need a lot of exercise, but they are also very good with children. This is because they are very patient and kind. Poodles also are very energetic and like to spend time running around. Poodles are very friendly toward other dogs, but they are not good with noisy puppies. Poodles are great dogs for families with older children who have mastered the obedience commands already.
- The third most popular dog breed in America is the Toy Poodle. These dogs are extremely cute and make great pets. However, due to their small size, they are not good choices for those with physical challenges, such as people with diabetes or orthopedics. These dogs do not do well in large homes and should not be left alone for long periods of time. Due to their small size, toy poodles should not be used for hunting, as they can get over excited and become distracted. Toy Poodles also loves to snuggle up and sleep with their owners.
- The American Bulldog. This dog is closely related to the Mastiff, but it looks nothing like it. Bulldogs have big heads and tails, which give them the appearance of a bull. They are very affectionate and are great as family pets. These dogs can live up to 65 years.
- Another great dog breed in America is the German Shepherd. The German Shepherd is a medium-sized dog, and was originally bred to protect sheep. These great dogs make great family pets, but due to their size, only good candidates for dog shelters or larger homes. They are great companions for the elderly, who can watch out for potential intruders, as well as being a great pet for people with training issues. German Shepherds also like to herd other dogs, which makes them great for police forces or military.
- The Collie is another great dog breed in America. These dogs originated from England and have some really great characteristics. The Collie is a very sociable dog, as they are very much like true dogs. They love attention and will make a great pet for both adults and children. The best thing about the Collie is that they are great as companions or even dogs to walk your dog when you take long walks in the park.